Altaaqa installs 54MW power plant in Yemen
Aden, Yemen, August 12, 2013
Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power, a Saudi-based power solutions provider, has installed a 54 MW power plant in the province of Aden.
The governor and Public Electricity Corporation (PEC) officials, together with various government officials and the executives of Altaaqa Global, inaugurated the power plant that will provide up to 15 per cent of the province’s summer electricity demand.
Governor Wahid Ali Rashid appealed to the citizens of Aden to use the electricity wisely and be efficient in consuming energy to ensure a sustainable energy and avoid electric outages.
Khalil Abdul-Malik, director general of PEC, said: “This is the fastest power plant ever built in the history of Yemen. It only took us 23 days from the day that we have signed the contract until the day that we have supplied electricity.
“With this new power plant, 95 per cent of the workforce is local Yemeni engineers and the remaining 5 per cent are from Altaaqa Global Caterpillar.”
Steven Meyrick, managing director of AltaaqaGlobal, said: “We are committed to helping our immediate environs through a sustainable business model by creating employment opportunities in the areas where we operate. By hiring local talents in Yemen, we are proud to serve the community and contribute to their social lives." - TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Egypt will get oil aid from Arab states
- New technology for Bahrain's gas industry to save $300m
- Innovations key focus at Geoscience expo
- Iran seals gas export deal with Oman
- Total unit inks Elf Lubricants agreement
- Opec raises forecast for 2014 global oil demand
- Mitsui joins DME as trading member
- GE Power Conversion wins major SEC order
- Basra Light crude exports to rebound in April
- Aramco to produce unconventional gas for projects
- Alstom opens smart grid centre in Dubai
- Experts discuss key geosciences issues
- Egypt to permit factories to use coal for energy
- ME oil, gas transaction value up 15pc
- Victrex to showcase new product in Paris
- Aramco JV puts off giant refinery overhaul to 2015
- Libya threatens to bomb N Korean tanker
- Bahrain 'producing 850MW of surplus power'
- 2,000 experts for Bahrain geosciences summit
- Libyan rebels start oil exports, bypassing govt
- Dubai drilling company set for London IPO
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director