Iraq governors to highlight investment opportunities
Dubai, August 26, 2013
The Iraq Mega Projects Conference and Exhibition will host a series of governor-led province breakfast meetings on October 2.
The meeting aim to boost investment and infrastructure solutions that will increase export capacity of the south of Iraq, said a statement.
The conference will be held at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre’s Sheikh Maktoum Hall from September 30 to October 2.
The meetings will welcome high-powered decision-makers and investors associated with Iraq’s oilfield to explore new business opportunities in Maysan, Basra and Anbar.
The Missan Breakfast will be hosted by Dawai Ali Lazim, the Governor of Missan – a province that has begun construction of the second phase of its Halfaya oil field project. The Halfaya field offers estimated reserves of 4.09 billion barrels.
The event has also released its schedule of talks and seminars focused on project and infrastructure solutions in support of oilfield production in Iraq.
Topics in the spotlight include identifying the ambition and scope of hydrocarbon projects in Iraq, strategies of infrastructural development for crude oil export in the long term, and real world case studies exploring challenges and solutions in operating oil fields. - TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships
- Taqa wins approval for N Sea development
- BP to develop $16bn Oman shale gas project