Kuwait hopes to reach 4m bpd capacity by 2020
Riyadh, September 24, 2013
Kuwaiti oil minister Mustapha al-Shamali said on Tuesday that he hopes his country can achieve oil production capacity of 4 million barrels per day by 2020.
Kuwait's current production is 3.2 million barrels per day, he told reporters after a meeting of Gulf Arab oil ministers in Riyadh.
"God willing, Kuwait can reach 4 million bpd of capacity by 2020," he said. – Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Eaton appoints new Mideast GM
- Sustainable energy ‘should be top priority’
- Bapco achieves safety milestone
- Iran, Iraq put Opec on notice of big oil increases
- Iraq, Kurds close to deal on oil exports, revenue
- Kuwait refinery signs up Honeywell
- Alstom to set up Saudi power generation JV
- Taqa's Moroccan unit set to launch IPO
- Shell launches record-breaking gas ship
- Utico to set up coal-fired plant in Namibia