Bapco achieves work safety milestone
Manama, October 1, 2013
Bahrain Petroleum Company (Bapco) and its contractor employees have achieved a new record in safety by completing one million hours without a lost time injury.
This significant accomplishment reflects the ongoing efforts and dedication of Bapco and contractor employees to working safely, said a top official.
"As we congratulate ourselves on our continuing excellent level of safety performance, we must also reinforce our vigilance and efforts in the prevention of injuries," said Bapco deputy chief executive Ebrahim Talib.
"Record safety achievements of this kind do not happen by accident, but are rather due to vigilance, awareness, adherence to health and safety requirements, continuous improvements and commitment from everyone in the company," he remarked.
"Our record is a testament to how strongly we take our safety culture. It needs to become a way of life that we want to adopt, rather than have to. Injuries occur when we lower our guard and hence lose our sense of vulnerability for a very short time," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Market fearing oil shortages, says Saudi minister
- Iraq oil export plunges in Dec
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'