Friday 11 July 2014
 
»
 
»
Story

Rolls Royce wins Abu Dhabi offshore deal

Abu Dhabi, December 10, 2013

Rolls-Royce, the global power systems company, said it has clinched a strategic contract to supply power generation equipment and related services to Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Company (Adma-Opco) for its offshore project.

Adama-Opco is 60 per cent owned by the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc), with the remaining 40 per cent shareholding divided between BP, Total and Jodco.

The contract was awarded by the Korean engineering, procurement and construction firm Hyundai Engineering and Construction (HDEC) and is the first Trent 60 gas turbine sale to a Korean EPC, said a statement from Rolls Royce.

As per the deal, Rolls-Royce will supply five aero-derivative Trent 60 gas turbine generator sets to power offshore production platforms and oil and gas processing facilities on Zirku Island.

Each Trent 60 gas turbine is capable of producing up to 66 megawatts of power and will feature low emissions technology to minimise environmental impact. This contract brings the total number of Trent 60 gas turbines operating in the UAE oil and gas market to fourteen.

This will help boost oil and gas processing at the Satah Al- Razboot (SARB) offshore project in the UAE, it added.

Andrew Heath, the Rolls-Royce president - Energy said: “This contract reflects the Trent 60’s attractiveness as the most powerful and reliable aero-derivative gas turbine available and strengthens our role supporting the Middle East’s critical energy infrastructure.”

"Rolls-Royce will manufacture and package the equipment at its facilities in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and Mount Vernon, Ohio (US)," he noted.

SARB involves the construction of facilities to transfer oil drilled on 86 wells of the offshore oil field, 120 km northwest of Abu Dhabi. Facilities related to collection and transport will be constructed on two artificial islands.

In addition, HDEC will build a facility in Zirku Island to separate gas from crude oil collected in the SARB and Umm Al Lulu oil fields. The Zirku Island oil and gas processing facility will have a daily capacity of 200,000 barrels of oil, equivalent to 160,000 200-liter drums, and 35 million cubic feet of gas, the amount on which about 6,600 gas buses can run.-TradeArabia News Service




Tags: abu dhabi | Rolls-Royce | Adnoc |

More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories

calendarCalendar of Events

Ads

Buy high quality China wholesale Health & Beauty , Electronics, Sports & Outdoors , Computers, Video Games, Toys & Hobbies Cell Phones, Automobiles and other wholesale products directly from reliable Chinese wholesalers or Factories on DHgate.com