Offshore platform experts to discuss key issues
Abu Dhabi, 24 days ago
Top industry experts will discuss issues related to offshore platforms at a major conference being organised by IQPC next week in Abu Dhabi.
The Mena Offshore Platforms 2014 will be held from February 23-25 at the Beach Rotana Hotel.
The conference will look at requirements, design, engineering and construction, operation and maintenance, risk and safety associated with the various types for offshore platforms for the region.
With unique challenges of each of these fields (deep water, sour gas, heavy oil, etc) this event will look at the best platform to support the requirements of the field, and the engineering and technological requirements to establish and operate.
Ibrahim Fahmy, marine specialist from Zadco, will chair this event. He is currently working with Zadco project management team for Satah Full Field Development Project, STFFD.
The main geotechnical challenges in design and quality control of artificial islands remains a top priority for many operators in the region. Cowi’s project director Dr Abdulaziz Rebaei and geo-technical section Head Dr Hossam Eldin Al Ali will address this important topic.
There will also be a separate panel discussion on the impact of offshore E&P on other industries in the region. Captain Zarir Irani from Constellation Marine Services will address an important topic about the practical risks of rig moving at this event.
Asset performance management along with other aspects of inspection and corrosion management are extremely critical in the offshore industry. Risk based inspection for enhancing integrity of fixed steel, offshore, subsea and other top-side structures which has been greatly implemented in Saudi Arabia will be showcased exclusively by Mohammed Attia, senior asset integrity management engineer from Saudi Aramco.
Rehan Ahmed, chairman of Qatar’s Society for Protective Coatings will educate the attendees on challenges facing offshore structures and risers due to splash zone corrosion. Archer UK Ltd’s vice president, Rob Egan will share some of the best practices of asset performance management (APM) for offshore platforms. This topic promises to be of great interest to the attendees especially if anybody is looking at a comprehensive APM plan for their offshore platforms. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Egypt will get oil aid from Arab states
- New technology for Bahrain's gas industry to save $300m
- Innovations key focus at Geoscience expo
- Iran seals gas export deal with Oman
- Total unit inks Elf Lubricants agreement
- Opec raises forecast for 2014 global oil demand
- Mitsui joins DME as trading member
- GE Power Conversion wins major SEC order
- Basra Light crude exports to rebound in April
- Aramco to produce unconventional gas for projects
- Alstom opens smart grid centre in Dubai
- Experts discuss key geosciences issues
- Egypt to permit factories to use coal for energy
- ME oil, gas transaction value up 15pc
- Victrex to showcase new product in Paris
- Aramco JV puts off giant refinery overhaul to 2015
- Libya threatens to bomb N Korean tanker
- Bahrain 'producing 850MW of surplus power'
- 2,000 experts for Bahrain geosciences summit
- Libyan rebels start oil exports, bypassing govt
- Dubai drilling company set for London IPO
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director