UAE electronics store sets record
Dubai, June 2, 2007
Sharaf DG said its one-stop-shop electronics retail destination had created retailing history in the Middle East.
It stirred up an overwhelming response drawing in over 75,000 shoppers in a span of three days.
The electronics store which has a stock of over 15,000 products spanning some 300 global brands under one canopy attracted enormous number of buyers in a shopping frenzy on the first day itself driven by the attraction to the array of contemporary products as well as a one-of-its-kind promotion.
Sharaf DG, the fully-owned subsidiary of the UAE-based business Sharaf Group, opened officially on May 24 at Times Square Centre on Sheikh Zayed Road.
Commenting on the enthusiastic response to the pioneering `Big Box’ electronics retailing concept spread over 100,000 square feet on a single floor, Ibrahim Sharaf, president, Sharaf Group said:
“The unprecedented response to the one-stop-shop electronics destination is a salient indication of the strength and growth potential of Dubai’s retail sector, which is buoyed by increasing spending power among residents and the rise in the number of tourists visiting the emirate.
“Dubai is globally recognized as the economic and shopping hub of the Middle East and the sub continent and we are glad that Sharaf DG has been able to add value to the emirate’s reputation though this pioneering initiative,” he said.
Sharaf said continuous efforts were on to ensure that the Sharaf DG store offers an excellent shopping experience to buyers by adding more global brands and cutting-edge products to the portfolio.
“As a group, our business philosophy rests on a customer-centric focus and at Sharaf DG, we are determined to set benchmarks in service, quality and in our offer of an unparalleled product range sourced from across the world.”
Commenting on the success of the category killer store, Nilesh Khalkho, Head of Merchandising and Vendor Relationships, Sharaf DG said:
“We thank all our valued customers for their patronage and we are confident of their continued support. We had not anticipated such an overwhelming response.”
He said the various exclusive customer service initiatives in the store were very well received by the customers.
The response to the ladies zone called ‘Electronics’ for Her’ was extremely encouraging while DG Help- the upgrades and repair service in the store notched up quite a few assignments.
A financial centre in association with Dubai Islamic bank was on the anvil which would offer the most attractive payment options with the lowest interest levels in the industry.
“These exclusive zones are an entirely new concept and reflect the Group’s focus on the customer,” Khalkho said.
“Strategic innovation coupled with a variety of services make Sharaf DG at Times Square a truly one stop store.
“We would focus on keeping the momentum going with our attractive promotions at regular intervals to add value to the shopping experience in Dubai.
“For the benefit of ladies and families we would be introducing special shopping hours for them on Fridays and Saturdays from 10am to 2pm,” said Khalkho.
Established in 1976 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE), by two enterprising brothers of UAE origin, the Sharaf Group is one of the UAE’s reputed business houses encompassing businesses in diverse fields.
The first business that the Sharaf Group ventured into was shipping and other related activities.
The Group created a robust framework to launch and diversify into other businesses like Retail Fashion, Retail Electronics, Cargo, Logistics, Financial Services, Real Estate, Warehousing and Logistics and Travel and Tourism to name a few.
Over the years the Sharaf Group has carved an enviable reputation for its financial integrity, discipline, reliability and trustworthiness.
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ