DDF announces summer bonanza
Dubai, June 10, 2007
Dubai Duty Free (DDF) has announced its support for the 2007 Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) by renewing its sponsorship for the fourth consecutive year.
The DDF has also unveiled a summer promotion that will see shoppers win a total of Dh250,000 over the 10-week period.
Commenting on the sponsorship, DDF managing director Colm McLoughlin said this was the fourth consecutive year at the DSS.
DDF, currently ranked No. 3 in the world in terms of turnover, continues to enjoy record sales with first quarter figures topping $203 million, a 28 per cent increase over the same period last year.
"This summertime event has been a driving force in attracting tourists and this year more than ever the 10-week festival promises to be the best yet. We look forward to working with the organisers in enhancing our sponsorship during what is a very busy travel period at Dubai International Airport.”
To mark its participation this DSS, the Dubai Duty Free will offer travellers the chance to win Dh250,000 in shopping vouchers.
During the 10-week festival, DDF customers who spend Dh250 and more will have the chance to win Dh25,000 worth of Dubai Duty Free gift vouchers every week.
DDF has teamed up with fellow DSS sponsor, MasterCard for this promotion. "And for the duration of the promotion, MasterCard holders spending Dhs250 or more, double their chances of winning the weekly prize of Dh25,000 in vouchers."
Looking ahead to the rest of the year, McLoughlin said that the biggest changes will take place in relation to the opening of Concourse 2 and Terminal 3.
“We are all gearing up for the opening in 2008 of the new Concourse and of Terminal 3 and looking forward to the major opportunities that this will provide in terms a much increased retail space, a substantial increase in staffing levels, and the completion and relocation to our state-of-the-art Warehouse and Logistics centre,” he added.- TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices