Medfa joins JDF celebrations
Amman, June 18, 2007
The Middle East Duty Free Association (Medfa) recently held its annual board meeting for the first time in Jordan.
Medfa’s board meeting was held in Jordan to concede with the Jordanian Duty Free Shops(JDF’s) 10th anniversary celebrations.
A gala dinner was held as part of the celebrations at the Four Season’s Hotel in the presence of Osama Al Dabbas, Jordan’s Minister of Tourism.
Tax Free World Association (TFWA) CEO Olivier Charriaud, Medfa President Anthony Chalhoub and JDF general manager Haitham Al Majali besides 8 other Medfa board members also attended the event.
The Jordanian minister and Medfa board members unveiled the meetings' findings and its future plans at a press conference.
The members then voted for Petra and backed its entry into 'the new 7 Wonders of the World,' and encouraged all attendees to do the same.
This step served as an extension to JDF’s previous efforts in support of Petra, as JDF has previously donated JD10, 000; the equivalent of 100, 000 votes in sport of the Rose City. TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- DDF sets new anniversary sales record
- Al-Futtaim in deal to set up giant Morocco mall
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles