Panasonic launches new digital camera
Dubai, August 1, 2007
Panasonic has launched its latest addition to the Lumix family of high-performance digital cameras – the DMC-FX100 - in the Middle East.
The camera combines a superb, 28mm wide-angle Leica DC lens that features a 3.6x optical zoom (equivalent to 28-100mm on a 35mm film camera) with f/2.8 brightness and 1/1.72-inch large CCD to be the world’s first digital camera that achieves 12.2-megapixel high resolution recording.
The Leica DC lens in the FX-100 has been newly developed specifically for this camera, whose 12.2-megapixel recording gives users the creative power to capture stunningly true-to-life high-resolution images with extraordinary resolution, detail and clarity.
Panasonic, the leading global manufacturer of consumer electronics, managed to pack the advanced 28mm wide-angle lens and large CCD into a sleek, slim body.
Also adding a host of sophisticated features, the new FX100 is a premium camera that moves right to the top of the Lumix FX series of compact, stylish cameras.
“We are pleased to launch the DMC-FX100 in the Middle East. The quality of this camera goes beyond its high specifications and Panasonic has gone to great lengths to make the FX100 a camera so effortless to use that everyone will find it easy to take clear, beautiful pictures every time they shoot,” said product manager of Panasonic Marketing Middle East Yasuo Kimoto.
The FX100 incorporates the Venus Engine III, Panasonic's advanced image processing LSI that helps render images with minimal noise.
The FX100 lets users shoot high-definition 1920 x 1080 pixel still images and high-quality 1280 x 720 pixel moving images. Both perfectly fit the wide-screen (16:9) TVs that are popular today, facilitating impressive viewing of photos and motion images taken.
“Beautifully designed and packed with high-end features, the new DMC-FX100 is an eminently worthy addition to the Lumix line of advanced digital cameras. The FX100 carries on the Lumix legacy of capturing breathtakingly clear, beautiful images that turn special moments into cherished memories that can be enjoyed in many different ways,” said Kimoto. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs