Philips wins two Eisa awards
Dubai , September 3, 2007
Philips' application of technological and design innovation in home entertainment has been chosen for two prestigious product awards from the European Imaging & Sound Association (Eisa).
The Philips 47PFL9732D Cineos FlatTV with Perfect Pixel HD Engine and Ambilight Surround was named European Full-HD LCD TV, 2007-2008, while the Philips HTS8100 SoundBar DVD Home Theatre with Ambisound technology was named European Home Theatre Compact System 2007-2008.
The Eisa Award for Philips’ 2007 flagship Full HD 1080p 47-inch (119cm) FlatTV continues the recognition Philips has earned over many years for driving picture quality excellence in television. With the 47” screen size fast emerging as a key sector in the flat panel market – especially with the growth of High Definition content - the 47PFL9732D's Eisa award is a significant achievement.
In its official citation, the Eisa judging panel states that the Philips 47PFL9732D “...delivers breathtaking visual quality in full High Definition. Even the smallest details are clearly visible in 1920x1080p resolution, enhanced by truly outstanding motion compensation processing from Philips' innovative Perfect Pixel HD Engine”. Eisa's citation adds that with this set “...Philips has raised LCD TV standards to a new level of accomplishment”.
Philips has long been regarded as an innovator in audio-video, and the Eisa Award for the HTS8100 DVD Home Theatre system underlines Philips' commitment to continued innovation in home entertainment.
Replacing traditional home theatre systems based on separate surround sound loudspeakers, the HTS8100 applies Philips' Ambisound technology to deliver a true 5.1-channel audio performance from a system comprising one single unit.
The Eisa judges gave specific praise to the system's design: “Miraculously its speakers, amplifier and DVD/CD player are all contained within a 13 cm-thin box. This design concept - the 'sound bar' - makes an excellent partnership with flat screen TVs&rdqou;, noting that it was capable of delivering “...an exceptionally good home-cinema performance”
Commenting on the two Eisa awards, Rudy Provoost, Executive Vice-President, Royal Philips Electronics and Chief Executive Officer, Philips Consumer Electronics, said: “Philips is dedicated to offering consumers truly different, exciting and innovative products, underpinned by our promise of sense and simplicity, that provide truly immersive home entertainment experiences. The awards Eisa has given these two products recognize how we have continually raised the standard in flat television picture excellence, home theatre innovation and design, and the home entertainment experience overall.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet