i2 backs Unicef campaign
Dubai , September 18, 2007
i2 and United Nations Children's Fund (Unicef) will run a unique campaign during Ramadan to benefit Unicef's ongoing humanitarian initiatives to help underprivileged children.
During the month of Ramadan, i2 will donate $1 from the proceeds of each mobile phone sold at i2 outlets in 14 select markets to Unicef, said an i2 official.
Themed 'Bring them hope, Give them life', the fund raising drive will run in UAE, Kuwait, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Morocco, Reunion, Sudan, Syria, and Tunisia.
'i2 is honored to partner with Unicef, one of the most renowned and respected humanitarian organisations in the world. Not only does this give us a chance to carry out our corporate social responsibility, but this is also a good opportunity for our customers to earn good deeds in the holy month as they will be contributing to a worthy cause,' said CEO of i2 Abdul Hameed Al Sunaid.
i2 hopes to raise a substantial amount by the end of Ramadan and is all geared up to generate maximum awareness for the initiative.
Unicef is part of the Global Movement for Children, a large coalition dedicated to enhancing the life of every child.
Operating in 191 countries, Unicef plays an important role in influencing key decision-makers to help programmes and initiatives aimed at improving the lives of underprivileged children.Trade Arabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- DDF sets new anniversary sales record
- Al-Futtaim in deal to set up giant Morocco mall
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles