Virgin Megastore launches hi-tech backpack
Dubai, October 13, 2007
Virgin Megastore has launched the 'Skullcandy Link Streetpack' in the Middle East.
With this launch the traditional backpack has transformed into a fully-integrated, digitally-enhanced, techno-fashion item. It allows wearers to operate cell phones and iPods from its straps, making a rummage to locate personal gadgetry a thing of the past, said a Virgin Megastore official.
"With consumers' increasingly go-go lifestyle, backpacks need to look hip yet be as functional as possible and be able to accommodate and incorporate a host of ever-changing gadgetry," said marketing manager, Virgin Megastore, Elie El Massih.
"Thanks to a panel of buttons on the straps of the Skullcandy backpack, a wearer can switch between listening and controlling their iPod and answering cellphone calls through speakers and a microphone embedded into the shoulder straps," said product manager, Virgin Megastore, Hady Kobeissy.
"Additionally, backpacks provide a padded laptop compartment and beverage 'camel pack', with space to spare for any other activity-related necessities," Kobeissy added.
The Skullcandy backpack lends itself to a plethora of activities including hiking, biking, skateboarding, camping - just about any outdoor activity imaginable - and, with this in mind, the inventors have designed the bag out of water resistant material making it that much more versatile.
To complement Skullcandy backpacks, a series of compatible headphones is also available in various models, types and colors at Virgin Megastore. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ