BenQ launches new camera range
Dubai, October 18, 2007
BenQ, has strengthened its camera range with the launch of two new stylishly-designed and feature-packed models - the 10 mega pixel E1000 and the eight mega pixel E820 cameras - in the UAE.
According to leading global research body, IDC, shipment volumes for digital cameras in the UAE have shot up by 31 per cent to 400,000 in 2006. To cater to growing demand, BenQ continues to introduce new models that sport state-of-the art functionalities at affordable prices.
“Recent advancements and ease-of-use have led to a surge in demand for digital cameras in the UAE,” said general manager, BenQ, Middle East & Africa, Manish Bakshi.
“Our new E1000 and E820 models will meet the needs of consumers looking for economically-priced and feature-packed digital cameras,” he added.
The E1000 also carries Arabic OSD (On Screen display) menu BenQ is working towards developing customised solutions with focus on the Middle East market.
IDC predicts demand for digital cameras - over six mega-pixel range and sporting 3x optical zoom – in the UAE will take a significant share of market as compared to those without optical zoom. This has led to vendors, such as BenQ, introducing newer models with advanced features.
“Our new range perfectly complements these trends,” added Bakshi. “While our E1000 camera provides an Arabic menu with 3X optical zoom in both static and moving recording mode, the E820 model comes equipped with a Pentax 3X lens and other powerful functions.”
The E1000 also boasts a bright 3-inch Low Temperature Polysilicon (LTPS) LCD display, Shake - Free hotkey and comes with an image sensor. Additionally, both cameras sport automatic face-tracking functions that help detect up to nine faces within a scene.
Additionally, the E1000 supports ISO of up to 1600 to ensure picture clarity in darkly-lit environments where the use of flash is not desirable. E1000 users can also capture 12 consecutive scenes in just one second and embed creative photo frames.
On the other hand, the portable E820 model includes auto face-tracking, photo frame embedded, and optical zoom 16:9 for video. It provides 13 scene modes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal