Debenhams unveils new collection
Dubai , October 28, 2007
Debenhams has unveiled its stylish new autumn/ winter collection -- a range of stunning looks featuring leather and cardi coats, colourful swing jackets and knitted dresses.
The new collection brings the latest winter styles of leading labels such as Betty Jackson.Black, Rocha.John Rocha, Jasper Conran and Red Herring, to the Middle East.
Gordon Bullock, brand director, Debenhams said: “The latest collection is inspired by Parisian looks, the post war period and medieval military genre. We also have a fantastic range of patent accessories, leather gloves, cute trilbies and berets, to complete the look.”
The Parisian style features pretty blouses worn over mini skirts, teamed with boxy jackets. Attention to detail is clear in the gorgeous embellishments on dresses and tunics, the colours are muted with an occasional burst of red and purple, providing a fresh look.
Post war inspired styles include silhouettes in retro print, masculine tailoring coupled with feminine blouses and ankle boots by Jasper Conran, jackets by Betty Jackson.Black and pencil skirts from Red Herring.
The collection also features military look with a medieval edge, with coats clinched at the waist using wide belts. There are a wide range of roll necks available for layering and oversized zips, studs and buckles add to the style.
The evening wear is all about embellishments and statement accessories which include oversized jewellery and box clutches by Jasper Conran. Metallic colours dominate the collection.
For those who prefer a clean, modernist look, there are pieces with simple silhouettes in tonal greys and orange shades. Bold jewellery adds to the overall image.
Debenhams also features an unrivalled range of designer menswear collection this season, including St. George by Duffer, J by Jasper Conran, Rocha.John Rocha and Nigel Cabourn Utility, each with its own distinct identity. Core brands include Red Herring which takes its influence from the fashionable London scene to create a young, fresh look while active brand Mantaray, offers functional yet contemporary casual clothing.
Outerwear for men features a range of different silhouettes from the functional parka to the tailored double breasted coat. Knitwear looks fresh with beautiful basics in merino and cashmere. The texture and pattern includes jacquard, intarsia, chunky cable and moss stitch design.
Grey dominates the core palette but sophisticated shades of plum, rust, purple and warm neutrals feature throughout the brands with funky highlights of vivid yellow and electric blue.
Accessories for this season include leather dispatch bags and holdalls in rich classic brown and tan with a large focus on buckle and pocket detailing.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer launches new pocket projector
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain