Diamond 'best gift for women'
Dubai, November 12, 2007
Women rate diamond jewellery at the top of the gifting hierarchy, according to a survey.
Forty-three percent of women across the Gulf states desire diamond jewellery above any other gift including luxury watches, designer clothing, fragrances and even overseas holidays, said the survey conducted by De Beers Group Marketing, the world’s largest diamond company.
And, women will be happy to know, men surveyed also placed diamond jewellery as their first preferred gift and as ‘the ultimate gift of love’ when gifting women. The same survey goes on to reveal that men in the region have the highest diamond gifting intent which stands at 71 per cent, with a notable increase seen for Saudi men, which stands at 75 per cent.
Middle Eastern preference for giving diamond jewellery is higher than those anywhere else in the world, it said.
Statistics show that men tap into their partner’s love of diamonds specifically over the end-of-year festive season, it said.
According to De Beers Group marketing, Middle East diamond sales increase during the holiday season, which incorporates the Eid Al Adha holidays as well as the mini wedding season in the Middle East, placing many wedding anniversaries at the end of the year.
With this is mind, De Beers Group Marketing has developed a specific range for the Middle East called Amante, that allows males to symbolically express the sentimentality they may find difficult to put into words, said Anan Fakhreddin, director of the Diamond Promotion Service (DPS) at De Beers Group Marketing.
“Each component of the range carries unique symbolism. The Amante diamond solitaire ring or pendant is a sign of expression and recognition from a husband to his wife, expressing to his partner that their relationship is invincible and powerful, defying the erosion of time and the pressure of life, “said Fakhreddin. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices