Manish Malhotra unveils winter collection
Dubai, November 20, 2007
Manish Malhotra, India’s leading celebrity fashion designer and style icon, unveiled his Winter Couture 2007 collection at the Manish Malhotra Store in Jumeirah, Dubai.
The designer also previewed his Lakme Fashion Week Grand Finale collection along with a new set of bridal creations and a line inspired from the 70’s retro look, which he created specifically for the recently released Bollywood film ‘Om Shanti Om’.
The launch in Dubai follows Malhotra’s successful outing at the annual Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Spring/Summer 2008, which was held at the National Center of Performing Arts (NCPA) in Mumbai, India from October 13 to 17, 2007.
Present at the launch were senior executives from the Saif Belhasa Group of Companies, celebrity guests and select customers.
In celebration of the theme, 'La Belle Epoche', Malhotra's line features creations that incorporate both heavy prints and embroidery on exquisitely quilted full-length jackets and shararas with stiff, high collars.
The collection draws inspiration from the Art Nouveau era, with designs incorporating French touches of the time dominating the fashion pieces. The famed designer has used luxurious zardozi and resham embroidery to richly colored jackets, coats, skirts, dresses, blouses and tunics, which are sketched to appeal to his customers’ fashion style preferences ranging from vintage, contemporary chic, minimalist and eccentric.
“Designing this collection has been an exciting experience for me, as the season allows me to experiment with various texture and color combinations for my clients who will do a lot of layering to keep comfortable and counter the winter chill,” said Malhotra.
“Taking inspiration from the beauty of Parisian art, which I have incorporated in my newest collection, my main focus is to transcend drab winter garments and provide wearable fashion that is both modern and luxurious. It has always been a tremendous pleasure to offer visitors a peek at my latest apparels here in Dubai, which I consider to be the home of my most sophisticated and fashion-forward clients,” he added.
In addition to the Lakme Fashion Week Grand Finale collection, Malhotra also showcased his new bridal collection, which features avant-garde wedding dresses designed with rich embroidery and ornamentations but keeping the traditional flair that suits the taste of the contemporary bride.
Malhotra had earlier participated at The Bride Show Dubai 2007, during which Bollywood stars Urmila Matondkar and Arjun Rampal led models on the ramp to showcase his collection. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain