IWC opens new Abu Dhabi boutique
Abu Dhabi, December 8, 2007
IWC Schaffhausen, the luxury Swiss watch manufacturer, has expanded its presence in the UAE with the opening of an exclusive new boutique in Abu Dhabi’s Marina Mall with their retail partner Rivoli Group.
The new boutique complements the company’s existing outlets in Dubai and reflects the demand for luxury mechanical watches within the region; a demand fuelled by high disposable incomes and a buoyant economy.
“We are extremely pleased to have our new dedicated IWC boutique open for business in Abu Dhabi,” said IWC regional brand manager Gianfranco D’Attis.
“Customers across the region are becoming more attuned to high performance time pieces and are willing to seek out exclusive brands. They will invest that little bit extra if it means owning a unique timepiece,” he added.
“We have a number of watch connoisseurs who travel in to Dubai from Abu Dhabi to view our collections, so this new outlet will serve both these existing customers, as well as open up our watch range to a new group of consumers,” said D’Attis.
The success of the IWC brand in the UAE has been built upon the company’s uncompromising commitment to quality and the reputation of their long established collections of professional timepieces combined with the strength and dedication of their retail partner.
“Abu Dhabi as a market has grown steadily over the last few years and the plans for the future are very impressive. The opening of the exclusive IWC boutique marks the beginning of our expansion plans in the Emirate. The initial response to the boutique has been great, and we look forward to working closely with IWC on developing the brand further in Abu Dhabi,” said managing partner, Rivoli Group, Ramesh Prabhakar.
The restrained atmosphere of the interior of the boutique in Abu Dhabi reflects IWC’s tendency to understatement. There is nothing to distract from the theme that plays the leading role here: the complex technology of watches from IWC.
Anyone who wants to learn about the world of IWC will not only be treated to the best technical information and advice from the professional staff in the IWC boutique, they will also discover a lot of interesting facts about the history and development of the individual product families and the traditions of the manufactory.
Many of the timepieces that bear the three letters of the famous brand can be found in the Abu Dhabi boutique. From the Portofino to the Grande Complication, there is a watch from Schaffhausen to suit every wallet. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal