Adidas unveils new Predator football boot
Dubai, February 12, 2008
Adidas has launched the new Predator PowerSwerve in the Middle East.
Developed in collaboration with football legend Zinédine Zidane, the ninth generation of the Predator boot sets new standards, in particular with regard to power, swerve and control, said an official spokesman.
After ending his active career Zidane worked with the Adidas innovation team (a.i.t) in the further evolution of the new boot. By thoroughly testing the new model, Zidane has helped to take quality and fit of this boot to a new level.
Scientific tests have shown that, in comparison to its predecessor, the Predator PowerSwerve can achieve up to eight per ent more swerve and increase the power behind every shot by around three per cent. The Dynamic PowerPulse technology in the sole of the boot and the special hi-tech foam in the forefoot upper material make these improvements possible.
The PowerPulse element filled with tungsten powder, which shifts weight toward the point of impact, enables players to put more power behind every shot. The hi-tech foam in the Predator element ensures added power, more swerve and better ball control.
Numerous football stars attended the recent global launch of Predator PowerSwerve at the “Place du Trocadéro” in Paris, including Steven Gerrard of Liverpool FC. The collective football talent opened an oversized, 11-metre-high shoe box and presented the new Adidas Predator football boot to the public.
All players received their new Predator football boots, which they will now wear when playing for their clubs and national teams.
At the event, the players also wrote their personal advice for young football talents onto the open shoe box. Steven Gerrard’s written insight on football is ‘Don’t visualise beating the keeper, visualise destroying the keeper’.
These individual pieces of advice for football’s up-and-coming players will be featured worldwide on all Predator shoe boxes, in the Predator ad campaign and at POS.
With the launch of the Predator PowerSwerve Adidas is adding a further chapter to the successful Predator story. Since first being introduced in 1994, the Predator has been continuously further developed with the help of top football players, guaranteeing that it meets the highest standards in terms of design and, above all, functionality.
Adidas players relying on the new Predator technology include: David Beckham (LA Galaxy), Michael Ballack (Chelsea FC), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool FC), Patrick Vieira (Inter Milan), Daniel Agger (Liverpool FC), Marc Janko (Red Bull Salzburg), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool FC), Angelos Charisteas (1. FC Nuremberg), Daniele de Rossi (AS Roma), Tranquillo Barnetta (Bayer 04 Leverkusen) and Anderson (Manchester United).
The new Predator PowerSwerve is available now in Adidas stores through out the Middle East. Colour options include black/white and white/black. Further models will be brought to market in the course of 2008, the year of the European Football Championships. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store