ADDF turnover crosses $100m mark
Abu Dhabi, February 18, 2008
Abu Dhabi Duty Free (ADDF) has surpassed a milestone by finishing the year 2007 by posting a turnover of $102.6 million.
Up 36.29 per cent over the same period last year, according to general manager of ADDF and acting commercial director of Abu Dhabi Airports Company Dan Cappell.
“I would like to thank all our customers and staff for making 2007 such a success and I am pleased to announce that we have crossed another key milestone in the history of Abu Dhabi Duty Free by reaching and surpassing the $100 million mark,” said Cappell.
Sales in 2007 were buoyed by robust growth across the core categories of beauty and fragrance, L&T, confectionery and gold with the best performing core category going to electronics with a 52.22 per cent increase. Core category sales accounted for over 58 per cent of total revenue at ADDF in 2007.
Already enjoying one of the highest average spends per transaction in the world, ADDF saw a marked upward trend in 2007 with year-end figures revealing an average $58.50 spent per transaction by departing passengers - up from $51 earlier in the year or 23.54 per cent over 2006 figures.
“Last year’s growth can be attributed to a number of factors but undoubtedly a key contributor has been the increased frequencies and destinations arriving into and flying from Abu Dhabi due to the ever expanding network of the UAE’s national airline Etihad Airways,” added Cappell.
“We are confident that from early in 2008 we will see yet more aggressive growth, particularly as Etihad adds another key destination to their network - Beijing - and the official opening of Abu Dhabi International Airport’s Terminal 3 later in the year will add over 2,500 sq mt of additional retail space and enhanced customer experiences to our customers,” said Cappell. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder