Eurostar unveils Green Box at Cabsat
Dubai, March 4, 2008
Eurostar, the global satellite communications industry leader, has launched the first-of-its kind satellite receiver - Green Box - at the 14th Middle East International Cable, Satellite, Broadcast and Communications Exhibition (Cabsat) 2008.
The three-day event began today (March 4) at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Green Box is 100 per cent recyclable digital satellite receiver. The development of this unique eco product is especially apt in this market arena as it complements the vision of Vice-president and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum on energy conservation in Dubai.
This eco friendly product is an FTA receiver and is RoHS (restriction of hazardous substances) compliant. The Green Box will ensure low power consumption and is aided with an auto switch-off function that guarantees preservation of electricity, said an official spokesman.
This unique satellite receiver will also have trickle charge time keeping.
Sharing the launch pad is Eurostar’s other innovative satellite product - Caller ID Box.
This is an on screen caller ID facility that displays incoming calls on the TV screen. The Caller ID Box will have a storage capacity of 20 missed and received calls and will be fully compatible to MPEG2 and standard DVB.
“We are delighted to be participating in this year’s Cabast which has been a powerful platform every year for the global launch of our products.. With the prestige and credibility of Cabsat, we are able to reach influential decision-makers as well as a large number of our users,” said Eurostar Group chairman Raju T Jethwani.
Eurostar is currently undergoing a mega growth phase in the Middle East. Over the past year they have ensured a stronghold in the market by investing in millions. Their sales figures have also been equally impressive as the satellite leaders have announced their sales figures for satellite receivers to have crossed the one million mark. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet