Apparel Group wins Maktoum Business Award
Dubai, March 5, 2008
Apparel Group has won the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Award for excellence in re-export.
The award was granted by the Dubai Chamber of Commerce in recognition of Apparel’s success in business performance and its ongoing contribution to the economic development of the UAE, said an official spokesman.
Apparel Group recorded growth of over 50 per cent in its re-export business for the year 2007 compared to 2006. The forthcoming year of 2008 is targeted to achieve 100 per cent growth in re-export due to the future store openings at Bahrain, Kuwait, Jeddah, Riyadh as well as plans to expand into new markets in North Africa and Eastern Europe.
Headquartered in Dubai, the Apparel Group has been operating in the UAE since 1996 when it opened its first retail outlet, Nine West. The company now represents 50 international brands, employs over 3,500 staff, and has 400 stores across the Gulf, India, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Taiwan and Indonesia.
Upon receiving the Mohammed bin Rashid Business Award, chairman and CEO of Apparel Group Nilesh Ved praised the unique vision of the UAE’s leaders and its support of entrepreneurial enterprises in Dubai.
“The achievement in our re-export business is a direct result of the world class infrastructure and facilities available in the UAE. Jebel Ali Port is recognised amongst the top five in the world and consistently provides fast and efficient customs services for us to effectively facilitate global exports and successfully operate our business,” said Ved.
“In a journey of just over 10 years we have grown from one store to now represent some of the most recognised brands today such as Kenneth Cole, Bally, Tommy Hilfiger, Nine West, Aldo, Mango and La Senza. It is now our mission is to develop our portfolio from 400 stores to 1,000 stores by the end of 2010.”
The award comes a day after Apparel Group was acknowledged at the Retail Middle East Awards as International Retailer of the Year for its brand Kenneth Cole.
Apparel Group is also an ISO 9001:2000 Certified Company and a proud winner of the Dubai Quality Appreciation Award, Dubai Human Resource Development Appreciation Award, Superbrands Award and many more industry and regional awards. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ