US designer to drive Dubai 'Krazy'
Dubai, March 25, 2008
New York-based, designer Kiran Sawlani has opened her first signature store, Kraze, a new-age boutique concept store in Dubai.
The flagship boutique, located in Dubai Outlet Mall, is laid out as a crossover from day to night, like yin to yang.
'The front of the boutique is all day, street and funk, arrayed with embellished T’shirts and accessories, while the rear is reserved for the glamour only ever found after dusk,' she explained.
She dubbed it as a 'place for new and upcoming talent where lifestyle, accessories, glamour and street all have a home under one roof.'
It is a one of its kind store being introduced to the high fashion society of Dubai, which has an eye for the latest trends and is willing to pay a price for it, Kiran said.
As a boutique, Kraze houses an eclectic mixture where the funky street wear of the urban inner-city icon overlaps with the elegant glamour of Milan’s runways and Paris’ finest restaurants.
“We’re targeting a very niche market,” she pointed out. “Fashion conscious trendsetters who know what they want, who are up to date with current fashion and trends.”
“Dubai is a glamorous city where everything goes, shopping is a huge part of the lifestyle and you can never be over dressed,' Kiran observed.
“The city doesn’t have too many boutiques yet, but with the constant influx of new arrivals, especially from Europe, people are becoming more and more aware of current fashion trends. As this awareness continues to develop, we’ll start to see more of these speciality boutiques pop up as finally there is room for individuality in this trendy city,” she added.
Kraze is not only a clothing store but a lifestyle store, with accessories, footwear, glimpses of art and lifestyle, she added.
“Our clients are fashion savvy and the layout of the boutique reflects that,” Kiran noted.
“Kraze is all about creating your own style; our clients are the type of people who can put pieces together to create their own look. Our slogan is ‘Your Style Guide’, fashion has no boundaries, it’s all about creating your own style, and everything about Kraze, from the layout, to the atmosphere is geared to just that.”
Before Kiran’s Kraze in Dubai, she earned a degree in fashion design from the world famous Fashion Institute of Technology, New York.
After completing her degree she went on to work as a designer in New York with celebrity clothing companies of the likes of Snoop Dogg, and New York based young street brand Plugg.
At 26, Kiran is part of the new young fashion elite who are putting their knowledge, expertise and skill to entrepreneurial use and blowing a new breath of fresh air into the fashion world.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ