Ajman cleaner, guard rewarded for honesty
Dubai, April 27, 2008
A cleaner and a security guard at Ajman City Centre were hailed as heroes after they handed over Dh2.1 million ($571,818) found in the shopping centre’s food court, to the police.
Twenty-one-year-old Reddolla Das and 24-year-old Hamid Raza Abbasi have been working with Ajman City Centre for 11 and four months respectively, but they never had a day quite like April 16.
Reddolla came across a bag while cleaning tables at the mall’s food court. Without a second thought, he handed it over to Hamid, the security guard on duty, who then opened the bag and discovered the money — Dh400,000 ($108,917) in cash and Dh1,700,000 ($462,900) worth of blank cheques.
Hamid, as advised by the mall management, passed the bag on to the police who returned it to its relieved owner, a Pakistani national.
“We are all incredibly proud and grateful to Reddolla and Hamid for their honesty and humility,” said Jassim Al Khaja, general manager, Ajman City Centre.
“We at Ajman City Centre endeavour to return every lost item found on our premises. The amount discovered is huge and some people might have been tempted by this.”
Redolla and Hamid’s sincere act was recognised by the Ajman City Centre management, which rewarded them each with Dh1,500 in CityCash vouchers.
Reddolla, who hails from Kerala, India and Hamid, a Pakistani national were delighted that this situation led them to show their dedication and prove themselves to their respective companies Cleanco and G4S along with the mall management at Ajman City Centre.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE
- Samsung launches advanced Galaxy model
- Majid Al Futtaim unveils new logo
- Rasasi showcases at Abu Dhabi expo
- Bawadi Mall draws record visitors in 2013