Rostamani Group names new marketing chief
Dubai, April 28, 2008
Al Rostamani Group, one of the largest conglomerates in the UAE, has appointed Vik Naidu to the newly created position of chief marketing officer for the group’s operations throughout the Middle East region.
Naidu, who was previously co-CEO for Saatchi & Saatchi in the Middle East, will now work directly in partnership with the management to consolidate the marcoms activities of the Group’s 15 companies in the face of the group’s rapid expansion.
“Vik has proven experience in constantly driving creative and innovative solutions that have improved the entire spectrum of marcoms for businesses in the Middle East as a result of 13 years with Saatchi & Saatchi - eight of which were in the very highest positions. We are excited about his appointment, especially in terms of the fresh thinking he will bring to the group,” said vice-chairman of the group Hassan Al Rostamani.
Naidu has achieved a number of notable successes with his work in the region, one of which was Saatchi & Saatchi winning the coveted ‘Agency of the Year’ award for the Middle East and North Africa in 2007, as voted by the IAA Dubai Lynx Awards committee.
The Al Rostamani Group, which recently celebrated 50 years of business in the region, has actively built its portfolio to include companies in diverse industries with some of the most esteemed names in local enterprises including Al Rostamani International Exchange, Al Rostamani Pegel, Al Rostamani Travel, Emirates Electrical Engineering, Dubai International Securities and the Central Trading Company.
“By implementing a range of cohesive marcoms strategies, it will enable the Al Rostamani Group to ensure its position as one of the region’s most trusted household names, from now throughout the next 50 years,” said Naidu. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices