Ajman City Centre drew over 9m visitors
Dubai, May 8, 2008
Ajman City Centre welcomed over nine million visitors in 2007, showing an 11 per cent increase over 2006, while sales touched Dh632 million ($172 million), marking a 28 per cent growth compared to the previous year.
"These numbers have made Ajman City Centre one of the most successful shopping centres in the MAF Shopping Malls portfolio, its general manager Jassem Al Khaja said, while announcing the positive success figures for 2007 at the annual general meeting held recently.
“We really look forward to the annual meeting as it gives the mall management a chance to meet all our retailers under one roof. And what makes it even better are times when we have excellent success figures to announce,” Al Khaja noted.
This year’s annual general meeting focused on key highlights of 2007 together with the targeted growth rates and new key initiatives for 2008.
The centre management will continue working with the concerned authorities, reinforcing the vital role played by ACC in the society.
The meeting ended on a high note with the mall management awarding its retailers in 12 diverse categories based on various criteria such as trading in the business for 12 months or more, sales performance, operational compliance, and participation in the marketing activities.
The Landmark Group walked away with two accolades, the Best Retailer and Best Anchor Store of the Year, while Promod won the Best Fashion Store category and Mothercare the Best Children’s Fashion Store.
Other winners included Starbucks as the Best Restaurant & Café, Hardees – the Best Food Court Outlet, Magic Planet - Best Entertainment & Hobby Store, Axiom - Best Electronics & Telephone Accessories, Areej - Best Health, Wellness & Perfume Store, Brantano Shoe City - Best Footwear & Sports Store, Damas - Best Jewellery & Watches Store and Dubai Opticals - Best Optical, Accessories & Service Store.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices