McElwaine named Jumbo chief
Dubai, May 17, 2008
Jumbo Electronics, the leading retailer of consumer electronics and technology in the UAE, has announced the appointment of Peter McElwaine as the company’s chief executive officer.
Originally from the United Kingdom, McElwaine has lived most of his life and served almost his entire career outside the UK.
Prior to joining Jumbo Electronics, McElwaine was the CEO of Ali Bin Ali Group, one of Qatar’s largest distribution and retail groups, for the last eight years.
Previously he was the managing director of Inchcape Middle East in Dubai and managing director of MMI, Dubai.
Commenting on the new appointment, Vidya Chhabria, chairperson of Jumbo Electronics,said: “McElwaine brings to Jumbo Electronics a wealth of experience in retail and distribution which will help drive Jumbo’s future in UAE and across the region. I am confident that his appointment will help further enhance Jumbo’s operational and service excellence.”
McElwaine, said: “I feel proud and privileged to be part of such a well respected organization. I believe that my appointment represents an opportunity for me to grow Jumbo Electronics’ dominant position in consumer electronics and technology."
"I am delighted to be working with Chhabria and the highly talented and experienced management team at Jumbo Electronics, as we move ahead to deliver the Group’s next phase of growth and expansion," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE
- Samsung launches advanced Galaxy model