McElwaine named Jumbo chief
Dubai, May 17, 2008
Jumbo Electronics, the leading retailer of consumer electronics and technology in the UAE, has announced the appointment of Peter McElwaine as the company’s chief executive officer.
Originally from the United Kingdom, McElwaine has lived most of his life and served almost his entire career outside the UK.
Prior to joining Jumbo Electronics, McElwaine was the CEO of Ali Bin Ali Group, one of Qatar’s largest distribution and retail groups, for the last eight years.
Previously he was the managing director of Inchcape Middle East in Dubai and managing director of MMI, Dubai.
Commenting on the new appointment, Vidya Chhabria, chairperson of Jumbo Electronics,said: “McElwaine brings to Jumbo Electronics a wealth of experience in retail and distribution which will help drive Jumbo’s future in UAE and across the region. I am confident that his appointment will help further enhance Jumbo’s operational and service excellence.”
McElwaine, said: “I feel proud and privileged to be part of such a well respected organization. I believe that my appointment represents an opportunity for me to grow Jumbo Electronics’ dominant position in consumer electronics and technology."
"I am delighted to be working with Chhabria and the highly talented and experienced management team at Jumbo Electronics, as we move ahead to deliver the Group’s next phase of growth and expansion," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet