McElwaine named Jumbo chief
Dubai, May 17, 2008
Jumbo Electronics, the leading retailer of consumer electronics and technology in the UAE, has announced the appointment of Peter McElwaine as the company’s chief executive officer.
Originally from the United Kingdom, McElwaine has lived most of his life and served almost his entire career outside the UK.
Prior to joining Jumbo Electronics, McElwaine was the CEO of Ali Bin Ali Group, one of Qatar’s largest distribution and retail groups, for the last eight years.
Previously he was the managing director of Inchcape Middle East in Dubai and managing director of MMI, Dubai.
Commenting on the new appointment, Vidya Chhabria, chairperson of Jumbo Electronics,said: “McElwaine brings to Jumbo Electronics a wealth of experience in retail and distribution which will help drive Jumbo’s future in UAE and across the region. I am confident that his appointment will help further enhance Jumbo’s operational and service excellence.”
McElwaine, said: “I feel proud and privileged to be part of such a well respected organization. I believe that my appointment represents an opportunity for me to grow Jumbo Electronics’ dominant position in consumer electronics and technology."
"I am delighted to be working with Chhabria and the highly talented and experienced management team at Jumbo Electronics, as we move ahead to deliver the Group’s next phase of growth and expansion," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- iMena Holdings invests in Desado.com
- One-third of Mena consumers shopping online
- Panasonic unveils tablet range in UAE
- Fragrance retailer Arabian Oud ranked 11th
- LuLu in deal to manage Adnoc mall
- Being Human launches women’s wear line
- River Island opens accessory store in Kuwait
- Samsung launches new Galaxy Tab 3 Series
- NY-style pizzeria to open ME outlets
- Axiom scoops retail award