Panasonic to double sales with new Lumix range
Dubai, May 17, 2008
With their popular line of Lumix digital cameras already well established in the local market, Panasonic are expecting to double their sales over the coming year with the launch of the 2008 series.
Panasonic estimates it holds 13 per cent of the total market share in the Middle East, and plans to expand this to 18 per cent over the course of the next year.
At the end of the 2007 financial year, Panasonic held over 10 per cent of the global market share in Digital Still Camera Business. By the end of 2009, Panasonic predicts that it will hold over 15 per cent of the global market.
Panasonic’s confidence of its predicted growth is founded upon the strength of the 10 new cameras that are currently being launched, and the loyalty of repeat purchasers who come back to LUMIX with every new offering.
The FX520, FX36, TZ15, TZ11, FS20, FS5, FS3, LZ10 and LZ8 models offer the latest in digital technology, including Panasonic’s patented IA Technology, along with a variety of features unique to the individual models.
Panasonic Marketing Middle East Product Manager Yasuo Kimoto said that the Lumix range is one of the most strategically important products for Panasonic.
“Digital still cameras are a major growing market for Panasonic and repeat purchasers are one of the keys to achieving aggressive 2008 sales targets,” he said.
“The new Lumix range caters to every kind of customer,” he said. “The line features cameras tailor made to specific purposes ranging from travel and outdoor activates to pocket sized cameras ideal for going out.”
The new Lumix models represent major advances in a variety of areas. First, Panasonic has incorporated its Intelligent Auto mode into most of the new models. This new feature enables easy and fun photography by leaving all settings to the cameras inbuilt intelligence.
Second, Panasonic has developed several new wide-angle lenses for the new FX, FS, and LZ models, greatly expanding the LUMIX line-up of wide-angle cameras.
Of the new models, Panasonic believe the FX36 and the FX520 are going to be the most popular, with people being attracted to the limitless features of the FX520, or the combined capability and style of the FX36. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet