Aldar launches Al Ruwais shopping centre
Dubai, June 10, 2008
Aldar Properties, the leading integrated property development company, is launching a double-storey shopping centre in the industrial city of Al Ruwais.
The project will cater to Al Ruwais’ growing population which is expected to hit the 40,000 mark by 2010, when the shopping centre will be operational.
Al Ruwais Shopping Centre will serve the families in Al Ruwais, as well as surrounding cities including: Al Marfaa, Delma Island, Gyathi, Al Ghowifat, and Sella.
These cities add a further 33,000 people to the numbers of people and families that will have a shopping destination within reach. Currently residents of these outlying cities travel to Abu Dhabi for leisure and shopping which is a distance of approximately 240 kms.
“We are pleased to see Al Ruwais grow from an industrial complex into a full-fledged urban centre and we feel duty-bound to contribute to this growth. It is a top priority for Aldar to cater to the needs of all of the residents in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi,” said chairman, Aldar Properties, Ahmed Ali Al Sayegh.
“Aldar’s projects are developed with unique identities which reflect the sensibilities of its inhabitants. This shopping centre in Al Ruwais reflects the immediate needs of this community, which is growing at a substantially higher rate than the surrounding areas. Al Ruwais Shopping Centre will include the largest supermarket for Al Ruwais which will be a great addition to Al Ruwais and will create a significant amount of convenience for those residents.”
The shopping centre will cover a gross built area of over 40,000 square metres. With 99 retail outlets, the Al Ruwais shopping centre will offer an array of fashion and accessories in addition to household items with the development of the largest supermarket centre for Al Ruwais.
Food and beverage outlets, a children entertainment centre, and a Warner Bros. cinema complex will bring the community together in a relaxed, entertaining environment.
With Al Ruwais just few minutes off the international highway linking the UAE with Saudi Arabia and Qatar, Al Ruwais Shopping Centre will be a convenient stop for travellers who can enjoy the quality amenities, as well as food and beverages that the shopping establishment will have to offer.
The Al Ruwais Shopping Centre is scheduled for completion in 2010. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ