H&M opens shop in Cairo
Cairo, June 17, 2008
Sweden-based international fashion retailer H&M has opened its first store in Egypt.
The new store is one of H&M’s (H & M Hennes & Mauritz) largest stores in the Middle East region, occupying 3,500 sqm of floor space spread across two levels of Cairo’s Stars Centre Mall.
At the launch, the first 500 customers who spent a total of 200Egyptian pounds ($37) were given an exclusive H&M bag for free. Guests were entertained with the latest club mixes courtesy of DJ Sonique.
“We are really excited to finally be able to launch H&M in Egypt. The response we have received so far has been simply phenomenal. H&M is all about quality fashion at affordable prices – and that winning formula has now been welcomed by Egyptian consumers,” H&M business director Jazz Hayer said.
“H&M caters to everyone, of any age. We continually introduce new stock on a regular basis, making every visit to H&M one of new discovery. Cairo is a unique city with very stylish people and they now have the opportunity to discover real quality, affordable fashion the H&M way.”
The retailer is planning several new launches this year. It will open a store in Bahrain in August in Jeddah and Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, in September and in Muscat, Oman, in October.
H&M’s Summer 2008 collection is available in the store. With a colourful graphic overall look, the collection comprises airy summer favourites such as wide 70s dresses, tunics, skirts and shorts for women. For men there are classic summer shirts and shorts; and in childrenswear, tunics, leggings and swimwear. All come with accessories to match. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet