Mall of the Emirates voted ‘Best in Dubai’
Dubai, June 20, 2008
Mall of the Emirates, the Middle East’s first shopping and leisure resort, has bagged the ‘Best Shopping Mall’ title at the 'Best in Dubai' awards 2008.
The 'Best in Dubai' awards are a new concept for 2008 and voted for by the people of Dubai to celebrate the things that residents love about living in the city.
Mall of the Emirates was voted over nine other shopping malls of Dubai nominated in this category, said a mall official.
Fuad Mansoor Sharaf, vice-president, Mall of the Emirates, expressing delight over this win, said: “We are truly honoured with winning this title. It is indeed a great achievement especially because Dubai’s residents have voted for us.'
'I am thankful to them for their support and love towards this development. Each time that Mall of the Emirates is awarded an accolade, it is a testimony to all the hard work put in by our retailers and the mall management towards making this mall unsurpassed in every sphere,' he remarked.
'We have won the hearts of millions of visitors around the globe since opening in 2005. Testament to this is the awards filling up our mantle. This year itself, the mall has bagged four awards,' he added.
The Mall of the Emirates has received the ‘World's Best Retail Destination of the Year’ at Retail City Awards, ‘Best Mall Award’ at Grazia Middle East Style Awards 2008 and Superbrands 2008 - ‘Brand of the Year’ Award.
Located in Al Barsha area of Dubai, Mall of the Emirates offers visitors a complete mall experience.
With over 466 stores to choose from, shoppers can access the very best retailers, top international brands and the finest restaurants offering a wider range of world cuisine.
The Mall of the Emirates also hosts a regular calendar of cultural events giving visitors a taste of top-quality international entertainment.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store