Retail giants shine at Redington’s awards night
Dubai, July 3, 2008
UAE’s retail giants hogged the limelight at the 4th Annual Awards Night constituted by Redington Gulf, one of the leading IT distributors in the Middle East and Africa, in Dubai.
The event was attended by over 300 vendors, retailers, and channel partners, at Raffles Dubai.
Small & medium business (SMBs) emerged as the largest segment to show consistent business winners at the awards night.
Carrefour bagged the “Outstanding Partner of the Year” award; Jacky’s Electronics won the “Retail Partner of the Year” award; Sharaf DG won the “Consistent Performance of the Year” award in the personal computing category and Al Suwaidi Computers won the “Consistent Partner of the Year” award.
A total of 32 awards were given away across all of Redington’s business segments including Corporate, Retail, SMB, Components, and the Value Division.
Achiever Computers won the 'SMB Partner of the Year' award, Cadd Emirates walked away with the Corporate Partner of the Year award, while Al Suwaidi Computers was awarded the Consistent Partner of the Year.
Famous illusionist, Sumeet and his troupe (a group of six professional ballet dancers) entertained the audience with a “Phantom Illusion” show – a highly energetic and powerful dance performance with a punch of magic and illusion.
Commenting on the award ceremony, Raj Shankar, director, Redington Gulf and deputy managing director, Redington India Ltd-Middle East and South Asia operations, said: “Redington’s strong belief in ‘Customer satisfaction drives financial results’ has been proven once again. We are proud to be associated with our partners who have delivered a sterling performance during the year.'
'It is their enduring support that has enabled Redington to forge partnerships with 24 renowned IT and Telecom brands in the world and spread its operations in 18 markets within this region,' he noted.
Mathew Thomas, president, Redington Gulf FZE, said: “It gives us immense pleasure to see our operations complete a successful decade run in this region. Redington has engineered the critical change in distribution of IT products in the region with innovation at every stage of the distribution chain. We take this opportunity to thank all our associates, vendors, retailers and channel partners.”
Part of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)-listed Redington India Ltd, the company is one of the leading and fastest growing IT distributors in the Middle East and Africa region.
Redington Gulf has a strong presence in 18 markets, and is associated with 24 leading global IT and telecom brands, with over 4200 channel partners. Redington’s client portfolio includes Acer, Canon, HP, IBM, Samsung, Toshiba and Western Digital.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector