Golden surprise for student
Dubai, July 20, 2008
Eighteen-year-old Haroon Malek has won Dh50,000 worth of gold and jewellery vouchers at the Dubai Gold & Jewellery Group’s (DGJG) ‘Glittering Surprises’ campaign for Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS).
DGJG has offered jewellery shoppers a fantastic chance to win over Dh1 million in gold and jewellery vouchers on Dh300 worth of purchase from participating outlets in Dubai.
A pre-medical school student from Pakistan, Haroon Malek got lucky when he purchased three gold bars as an investment towards his sister’s wedding.
“When I filled in the raffle coupon after my purchase, I never thought I would win anything but I tried my luck anyway,” said an elated Haroon.
A strong believer in gold’s investment value, Malek plans to keep his voucher purchases for the time being, and later sell them to buy his dream Toyota.
Over 300 jewellery outlets across Dubai are taking part in the promotions that offer all customers the chance to win daily AED 10,000 and weekly AED 50,000 worth of jewellery vouchers.- TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE
- Samsung launches advanced Galaxy model