Self-service at 10 Enoc stations
Dubai, August 6, 2008
Enoc is set to introduce the self-service concept for buying fuel at select stations in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
The pilot project, which is in keeping with international trends, will commence at three sites in Dubai and seven in the Northern Emirates from August 12.
The select stations are Al Bada’a, opposite Jumeirah Jail, Al Manara on Jumeirah Beach Road, Al Hashimi, behind Sahara Centre, Al Falah, Emirates Road, Sharjah, Al Arouba, Ajman-Sharjah Road, Al Ittihad, Greenbelt Road in Sharjah, Al Rafia on the Dhaid-Sharjah Road, Al Gharafa on Ajman Main Street, Marine, Fujairah Marine Club and Thouban on Sharjah-Fujairah highway.
"The self-service option is simple. Customers need to park in front of the pump, switch off the engine, go inside the C-store and pay the amount of purchase after mentioning the pump number and desired product," a company spokesperson said.
"The cashier will then give a receipt for the payment and the customer can go back to the particular pump, take the nozzle out and fill up. The pump will automatically stop when the authorised amount is dispensed and the customer can then replace the nozzle," he explained.
The self-service concept will allow for payments by cash only. As a safety measure, smoking and use of mobile phones whilst filling up are strictly forbidden, he added.
Instructions on the new service have been displayed at all the 10 stations and are distributed to customers through leaflets. The self-service option does not cover Convenience store or Carwash and Quick Oil Change operations.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer launches new pocket projector
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain