Eros Group sees 45pc UAE annual growth
Dubai, August 11, 2008
UAE-based consumer electronics retailer Eros Group, has posted annual growth of 45 per cent in the UAE market, stated Deepak Babani, chief of Eros Group, in a report.
The company’s 2007 sales touched Dh980 million. It has raised its projected sales to Dh1.5 billion from the earlier target of Dh1.3 billion, according to Gulf News.
Eros has expanded in the region to cover Oman, Qatar and Bahrain in addition to Tanzania and Kenya in East Africa.
"Our major growth engine has been home appliances and LCD TVs," said Babani. He claimed that the market demand for LCDs for 2008 was 240,000, but that it could easily rise to 280,000 to 300,000.
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Al Meera opens first 24/7 mall in Qatar
- Fijitsu scanners feature PaperStream
- LG launches new tablet in UAE
- Major jewellery expo opens in Dubai
- Weber renews Carrefour UAE partnership deal
- BMMI marks ‘Quality Month’
- Philips launches Airfryer XL
- Mena online spending to hit $15bn by 2015
- China Homelife Dubai kicks off
- Acer launches new EMEA brand campaign