Demand for space rises for Mother, Baby & Child Show
Dubai, September 11, 2008
The Mother, Baby and Child (MBC) Show is facing a strong demand for exhibition space from top parenting and baby brands, which has exceeded estimates made after last year's event.
The MBC show will take place from December 18 to 20 at the Dubai International Exhibition and Conference Centre.
In an effort to meet increased interest in the event TME, the organiser of the MBC show has made an additional 2,000 sq m of exhibition space available to those brands who want to increase their market share of the UAE’s burgeoning parenting, pregnancy and baby sector.
The organiser of the event is not surprised by the rise in demand this year, given the recent baby boom in the UAE, which is actually double that of Saudi Arabia, by far the most populous nation in the GCC, said an official.
“Currently the UAE birth rate is growing at around 3.38 per cent annually and now it is estimated that at least 25 per cent of the population are under 10 years,” commented Shannon Norris, exhibition director, TME.
“We are expecting over 25,000 visitors this year,” she added.
Innovative and exclusive activities this year include, kids fashion shows, performances by internationally renowned children’s’ characters, and the ‘Make Life a Little Easier’ Competition.
“The Mother Baby & Child Show is now in its fifth year and is the only dedicated event for pregnant mums and young families. The event provides a unique opportunity for consumers from all over the UAE to speak directly with product manufacturers and or their distributors,” added Norris.
“New and expectant parents looking for the latest product innovation and information on health & safety will be able to find all of their answers under one roof.”
There will also be a number of exciting competitions and activities for visitors at the show, giving them a chance to win fabulous prizes ranging from hampers, bicycles, beauty kits and vouchers from numerous health and fashion products.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ