Jumbo laptop sales up 50pc during Gitex
Dubai, October 23, 2008
Jumbo Electronics said its laptop sales has gone up by nearly 50 per cent in the first three days of Gitex Shopper, as its stand attracted eager buyers wanting to avail its special promotions, according to a report.
'We have had a fantastic response from shoppers,' J P Nambiar, head of retail at Jumbo Electronics was quoted as saying in the Gulf News report.
'The Jumbo stand has become such a big hit mainly because of the first ever promotion of giving away two free laptops every hour for a lucky shopper and the convenience of shopping for one's favourite brands.'
The retailer's Gitex promotion includes the free laptop offer which also includes an opportunity to win up to Dh1 million in prizes. Jumbo is giving away 138 laptops free. Every buyer also gets a bundle prize package.
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Epson launches T-shirt printer
- AOC unveils 27-inch LED monitor
- UAE jeweller rolls out red carpet collection
- Canon focus on growth at partner meet
- Philips smooth touch monitor launched
- Lenovo to launch new smartphone in UAE
- Sony unveils new Bluetooth speakers
- Etisalat launches Apple shop in shop
- Samsonite launches new collection
- DGCX volumes up 51pc in November