Hamleys toy store opens in Dubai Mall
Dubai, November 4, 2008
The world famous Hamleys toy store inaugurated its first concept store in the iconic Dubai Mall today.
The 250-year old toy emporium was brought to Dubai by Retail Arabia, which holds the exclusive franchise for Hamleys in the region.
The 32,000 sq ft store is home to more than 100,000 different toys, gifts and gadgets.
The entire store is a giant playground for both children and adults with a decked out car racing dome; a camel caravan; a Ferrari bike racing track; a gaming area and life sized doll’s houses.
“Everyone loves Hamleys; it’s the toy store kids dream about. Children come to the store and are able to play with those toys they’ve always wanted,” said Retail Arabia managing director and CEO Nabil Daud.
“Every single day is special at Hamleys with magic shows, face painting, balloons and cool toy demonstrations and so much more; the saying goes that ‘with Hamleys there are 365 days of play’,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer launches new pocket projector
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain