Hamleys toy store opens in Dubai Mall
Dubai, November 4, 2008
The world famous Hamleys toy store inaugurated its first concept store in the iconic Dubai Mall today.
The 250-year old toy emporium was brought to Dubai by Retail Arabia, which holds the exclusive franchise for Hamleys in the region.
The 32,000 sq ft store is home to more than 100,000 different toys, gifts and gadgets.
The entire store is a giant playground for both children and adults with a decked out car racing dome; a camel caravan; a Ferrari bike racing track; a gaming area and life sized doll’s houses.
“Everyone loves Hamleys; it’s the toy store kids dream about. Children come to the store and are able to play with those toys they’ve always wanted,” said Retail Arabia managing director and CEO Nabil Daud.
“Every single day is special at Hamleys with magic shows, face painting, balloons and cool toy demonstrations and so much more; the saying goes that ‘with Hamleys there are 365 days of play’,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE
- Samsung launches advanced Galaxy model
- Majid Al Futtaim unveils new logo
- Rasasi showcases at Abu Dhabi expo
- Bawadi Mall draws record visitors in 2013
- Dubai retailer MAF plans $5bn investment by 2018
- Intersport opens store in Dammam
- Chinese fair opens in Sharjah