Canon ME up for Superbrand Award
Dubai, November 17, 2008
Canon Middle East has been nominated for a 2009 Superbrand award for the fifth year in a row in UAE, Egypt and Kuwait. The prestigious nomination is in recognition of a brand’s integrity and excellence.
“Canon’s nomination by an independent council such as Superbrands is a testament to its strong brand recognition and leadership in the field of imaging, printing and business technologies,” said Bertil Widmark, managing director, Canon Middle East.
Often referred to as the ‘Oscars of Branding’, the Superbrands awards have achieved international acclaim for being an independent authority and arbiter of branding excellence. The organisation is renowned for its commitment towards the cause of promoting exceptional brands and the discipline of branding in the region.
Superbrands Council, which comprises some of the leading names in UAE business circles, score all the brands on the basis of its brand affinity, brand personality and brand quality.
“To be nominated for a Superbrand award is a powerful endorsement and evidence of our brand's status,” said Mai Youssef, corporate communications manager, Canon Middle East.
The Superbrands award will be presented in January 2009.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices