BMI Bank, Geant unveil new card
Manama, November 30, 2008
Bahrain-based BMI Bank (BMI) and Geant Hypermarket have unveiled their new co-branded credit card -La Carte - that offers customers a range of benefits.
These include a loyalty program with rewards, low monthly interest rate and no annual fees, competitive rates on foreign spend as well as a 50 day interest free period on all retail purchases with exclusive discounts and special offers.
Unveiling the new card, Andrew Bainbridge, chief executive officer of BMI said, "I am delighted to unveil our cobranded credit card in partnership with Geant, a hugely successful hypermarket in Bahrain with whom we share a strategic relationship."
"La Carte will add genuine value to our cardholders. La Carte has what we believe to be the strongest credit card loyalty program in Bahrain. With the equivalent of 2 per cent value back on customer spend in Geant, Last Chance and Le Marche, we are able to give something back to our customers by reducing the ongoing real costs of their everyday purchases."
La Carte compliments the existing cards, which include Classic and Gold cards, as well as Sapphire and Diners Club cards for its premier and corporate clients, Bainbridge remarked.
"La Carte credit card holders will join BMI’s growing base of customers who use our products and our network of 8 branches and 22 ATMs across Bahrain," he added.
He said the BMI was committed to delivering innovative products and services and will continue to invest in them to better serve the population of the Kingdom.
In addition to quick checkout during busy periods through dedicated cash counters at Geant, La Carte card holder's will also receive exclusive benefits including a 100 per cent cash withdrawal limit benefit as well as world wide acceptance in 24 million retail stores and 5 million ATMs.
"Customers can collect their vouchers at the La Carte Customer Service desk that has been specially set-up in the Geant Hypermarket in Bahrain Mall and can use these vouchers to buy anything from groceries to electronics at Geant Hypermarket, Le Marche and Last Chance Supermarkets."
"Customers can also look forward to special offers and discount exclusively for La Carte Credit Card holders from time to time”, commented Yvan Baba, Manager of Geant Bahrain.
“To top it all, the card comes loaded with the La Carte loyalty points program which rewards customers with 2 La Carte points for every BD 1 that they spend using their card at Geant, Le Marche or Last Chance supermarkets and 1 La Carte point for every BD 1 that they spend anywhere else”, he added.
The official launch of the new co-branded card was held at Geant Stores on November 27.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices