Panasonic cameras win Diwa awards
Dubai, December 20, 2008
Panasonic’s Lumix digital still camera range has received two gold awards from the prestigious Digital Imaging Websites Association (Diwa), placing the cameras at the top end of consumer photography.
The esteemed Diwa awards are issued on the basis of scientific test results from the Diwa Labs and evaluations covering more than 200 different criteria, as carried out by Diwa members from nine European countries.
“Our design and development team at Panasonic has put in a lot of hard work over the years to create innovative and stylish cameras, which are capable of taking fabulous images with easy operation,” said Hitesh Ojha, product manager at Panasonic Marketing Middle East.
The revolutionary and ultra-compact 12.1 Megapixel Panasonic Lumix G1 is the first camera to feature the Micro Four Thirds System standard, and the first mirrorless system camera of its kind.
The camera is equipped with a large, high resolution electronic viewfinder and a 3-inch vari-angle LCD monitor to provide permanent Live View.
While the G1 challenges today’s most compact digital SLR cameras in terms of size and weight, Diwa experts also appreciated the camera’s outstanding image quality, smart design and innovative possibilities, he added.
“The announcement of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 created quite a stir of deserved attention and curiosity. It’s a pleasure to confirm that the G1 surpasses even the most optimistic expectations,” stated Kai Thon, test manager of Diwa Labs.
The Lumix DMC-LX3 camera is a super-compact digital still camera, which was designed with the philosophy of “returning to the essence of photography”.
“The LX3 is by far the most powerful compact camera available, even when compared to much larger cameras. Despite its record-breaking 24mm wide angle zoom and f/2.0-2.8 lens speed, lens performance is outstanding,” stated Thon.
Diwa is a fast growing group of independent web-based specialist publications dedicated to digital imaging. It harnesses the collective talent and expertise of its members, resulting in industry awards that command unparalleled confidence and value, both for consumers and the industry alike.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal