Dubai Mall announces DSF specials
Dubai, January 15, 2009
The Dubai Mall has come up with special festive raffles, promotions and entertainment events as key sponsor of the Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF) 2009 which began today and will run till Feburary 15.
Activities at the mall are designed to appeal to people of all ages. A key attraction is the Themed Forest Story Show, brought to the UAE for the first-time ever.
The spectacularly choreographed show is a 20-minute narration on the rich natural diversity of rainforests, and features fantastic costumes and a stunning backdrop complemented by a complex lighting system.
Other entertainment includes cultural dance and acrobatic performances, children’s themed shows and roaming entertainment in key public areas of the mall.
In line with DSF’s widely popular sales promotions and raffle draws, The Dubai Mall is hosting its own ‘Buy and Fly’ promotion where customers have the chance to win up to 30 international flight tickets and one of four Grand Prize holiday packages courtesy of Emirates Airlines.
"We are confident The Dubai Mall will be the city’s feature venue throughout DSF with our exciting ‘Buy and Fly’ raffle promotion, retailer sales and a daily calendar of entertainment and events," said Yousif Al Ali, general manager, The Dubai Mall.
"Dubai has already established itself as a global shopping destination, and we are pleased to align ourselves with the world-class The Dubai Mall as one of our most exciting shopping and entertainment venues for DSF 2009," added Ibrahim Saleh, coordinator general of DSF Office.
The Rainforest Story Show at The Dubai Mall will start on January 29 for a total of eight shows in the Star Atrium, which will also feature a series of dance, acrobatic and other entertainment throughout the entire festival.
Other key event areas include the Gold Souk, Hotel and Grand Atriums with roaming entertainment across all four levels of the mall.
To ensure a world-class experience, The Dubai Mall has brought in performers from all over the world to complement the city’s cultural diversity.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet