LG unveils new Blu-ray disc player
Dubai, January 18, 2009
LG Electronics, a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, has unveiled a Blu-ray disc (BD) player that will put the company ahead of its global competitors.
Advanced features such as BD Live set the BD300 apart from competing models.
The BD300 supports BD Live (BD-ROM Profile 2.0), which enables users to connect to the internet and download video images, subtitles and other data as well as enjoy related quizzes and multi-player interactive games. These networking functions add value for the customers, said a LG official.
“LG has always been a leader in innovation, striving to meet customers’ needs,” said CEO of LG Electronics Middle East and Africa Regional Company K W Kim.
“We will continue to set trends in the industry, just as we did with the world’s first dual format disc player, able to show both Blu-ray and HD DVD discs. The BD300 Blu-ray player’s innovative features provide an enhanced viewing experience.”
The BD300 features enhanced picture and sound quality, with 1080p Full HD resolution via HDMI connection. Dolby True HD and DTS-HD are onboard for high bit-rate audio. The amazing sound is bit-for-bit identical to the studio master, unlocking a truly high-definition entertainment experience from next-generation discs.
Enhanced versatility is another strong point of the BD300, which can play back Blu-ray discs, DVDs and DivX movies. The BD300 saves time too, by performing the booting, loading and tray opening quicker than rival Blu-ray disc players.
LG’s SIMPLINK connectivity also allows users to operate all functions with a single remote control.
USB memory stick can be connected via the USB port for expanded memory capacity. The unit is compatible with MPEG4 video, JPEG, MP3, and WMA file formats.
The BD300 will be available in the Middle East and Africa market starting January 2009 at Dh1,299 ($353). – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder