Axiom Telecom expands, launches division
Dubai, January 21, 2009
Axiom Telecom set in motion its aggressive growth plans in 2008, by expansion of its international operation, launch of a new mobile solutions division and opening a flagship store at The Dubai Mall.
The company was also responsible for many ‘firsts’ in the mobile communications market, said a statement.
Axiom was the first to introduce the world’s first 8-mexapixel phone to the market this year and also launched a pick-up and delivery service, exclusive to Axiom customers.
The free to use service gives customers the convenience of getting their phone repaired without leaving their house.
“Our focus for 2008 was to enhance our offering and grow our loyal customer-base whilst continuously ensuring that all of their mobile needs are satisfied,” said Faisal Al Bannai, CEO and founder of Axiom Telecom.
Axiom Telecom also launched a new mobile solutions division offering value-added mobile services directly to consumers and enterprise customers.
The mobile solutions division is focused on creating and distributing value-added services and solutions including Mobile Payments, Mobile Banking, Mobile Marketing and SMS2TV services that meet the growing needs of mobile customers.
Another highlight of 2008 was the opening of Axiom’s flagship store at The Dubai Mall, one of the world’s largest retail and entertainment destinations.
The 2700 square foot store is Axiom’s largest ever, showcasing more than 100 mobile phones and providing customers with a new interactive retail experience including live demonstrations.
In total, Axiom opened a total of 64 new stores across the region. A feature of new stores includes the experiential zones encouraging people to interact with ‘live’ phones loaded and charged with the latest software, so customers can trial the applications before purchase.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia