Middle East exclusive expo opens
Dubai, March 10, 2009
The sixth edition of Middle East Exclusive (MEE) Exhibition, the only event in the region dedicated to luxury brands and travel retail sector, opened in Dubai on Tuesday.
Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, president of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, chairman of Dubai Airports, and CEO and chairman of Emirates Airline and Group, inaugurated the three-day event.
The exhibition, which runs till March 12 at Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, will bring together world-class luxury brands and exclusive designer labels.
Organised by Channels Exhibition, the show has exhibitors from UAE, Japan, India, Switzerland, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Russia, Hong Kong and other parts of the world.
A vast array of high fashion jewellery, antiques, luxury goods, travel retail items, watches, perfumes, confectionery, leather goods, writing instruments, gourmet and fine foods as well as electronics gadgets are showcased at the exhibition.
MEE 2009 also provides the perfect business platform for luxury goods and duty free industry, further reinforcing Dubai’s reputation as the regional hub for luxury trade.
The exhibition is supported by Dubai Duty Free (DDF) and the Middle East Duty Free Association (MEDFA).
The Nielsen Global Luxury Brands survey in October 2009 ranked UAE among the top three countries in the world for purchasing luxury fashion brands.
In the survey, 57 per cent of UAE consumers said they would buy luxury fashion-branded mobile phones, a number much larger than the global average.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector