OKI names Egypt distributor
Cairo, March 12, 2009
OKI Printing Solutions has appointed Smart Technology as its new partner and official distributor in Egypt, as part of its expansion plans.
OKI, in collaboration with Smart Technology, met with top organisations from the government and private sector to discuss the Egyptian IT market, its requirements and the opportunities it provides.
According to the latest report by Business Monitor International (BMI), Egypt’s IT market position within the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region is on the rise, with average market growth of 16 per cent expected up to 2013.
Overall IT market size is projected by BMI to increase from $1.2 billion in 2008 to around $2.5 billion in 2013, despite a forecast moderation in economic growth.
“The IT sector in Egypt is rapidly growing thanks to the government’s adaptation of various initiatives and e-strategies.” said John Ross, general manager, Middle East, India, North East of Africa, OKI Printing Solutions.
“We believe Egypt is a key market that provides good investment opportunities for international companies that are looking to expand their operations.”
“OKI Printing Solutions provides efficient and cost effective solutions with high end results that answer the demands of all business levels,” added Ihab Anis, general manager, Smart Technology.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Epson launches T-shirt printer
- AOC unveils 27-inch LED monitor
- UAE jeweller rolls out red carpet collection
- Canon focus on growth at partner meet
- Philips smooth touch monitor launched
- Lenovo to launch new smartphone in UAE
- Sony unveils new Bluetooth speakers
- Etisalat launches Apple shop in shop
- Samsonite launches new collection
- DGCX volumes up 51pc in November