LG launches palm size mobile LED projector
Jeddah, March 18, 2009
LG Electronics (LG) and Al Jassim, one of LG’s distributors, have launched a new palm size projector, the HS102G, featuring advanced illumination using LED-based digital light source.
The DLP projector uses a highly efficient LED light source and is among the smallest projector measuring 15.4 x 11.7 x 5 cm and 780 grams.
This pocket-size LED projector provides full size specs, 160 ANSI lumen high brightness, delivering the best contrast ratio 2000:1 and color representation to users.
“We are excited to announce yet another innovative product to join our extensive range of high-definition, affordable projectors that are highly sought after within the projector market,” said Sean Uhm, overseas projector manager.
The HS102G represents 120 percent of the NTSC color gamut. This combined with the HS102G’s 160 ANSI Lumen high brightness and 2000:1 contrast ratio, project crisp and clear images.
The projector is optimised for 800 x 600 SVGA at a standard 4:3 aspect ratio. The best projecting image size is 60 inches at 1.6m to enjoy a crisp, clear picture.
H C Lee, product marketing manager, added: “The LED projector HS102G has been carefully designed and manufactured to pass all of the rigorous tests and standards necessary for any quality projector solutions, ensuring a first class solution offering to our international customer base.”
The LED light source used in the HS102G is rated to last 30,000 hours, far longer than traditional light sources that use bulbs. It also eliminates the need for warm-up time, meaning that the HS102G can run at full power within seconds and can be instantly switched on or off within five seconds.
As the LED lamp is free of mercury and discarded bulbs, it allows for the projector to be environmentally friendly. Low power consumption (ECO 60W) allows for reduced CO2 as well.
The LED projector comes also with an optional battery allowing consumers three hours of viewing without any power cable anywhere, at any time, without a need for a source for external power supply.
HS102G can project DivX movies, jpeg images on screen and play back mp3 files on its built in stereo speakers, directly from a USB source, cutting out the need to connect to a computer.
External battery also allows for convenience to use the HS102G for two hours.
"The advanced technology of LG Electronics is constantly raising industry standards for producing vibrant, true-to-life and consistent images for the most demanding business and consumer audiences,” said Simon Lee, general manager of LG Electronics in Saudi Arabia.
“As its inventor and pioneer, we are delighted to introduce such high quality projectors. We have been leading the projector market with outstanding performance, reliability and innovation, and as a result we tend to deliver millions of projectors to businesses and consumers.
“Even the Saudi Arabia markets have played a crucial role in LG's global domination in this segment, especially over the last decade which saw unprecedented growth and development in the region,” he concluded.
The projector is small enough to fit in the same bag as a laptop, can easily be connected to a wide variety of devices and has an amazingly long lamp life. It’s perfect for using when it comes to displaying information in schools or universities, living rooms and even using with games consoles to display images. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain