LG launches new ‘communicative’ monitor
Dubai, March 21, 2009
LG Electronics has launched its new W2271T LCD monitor which includes a 2.0 megapixel built-in webcam, microphone and speakers.
A webcam viewer mode shows what the webcam sees onscreen, allowing users to preview an image before he starts to record or begins a chat. It also includes image effects, frames and face tracking.
These effects entertain users in conversation on webcam by allowing their faces to show in fun images or make them in blur like mosaic shape.
“Everyone from internet savvy students to families to corporate executives can benefit from the bevy of built-in communication features on LG’s W2271T monitor,” said H S Paik, president of LG Electronics Gulf FZE.
“These monitors combine the stunning image quality that LGE is known for with the latest features, all wrapped in a great looking package.”
The communicative new monitor, when combined with the built-in microphone and speakers, is the perfect choice for video conferencing, voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) and recording videos for sharing online, he added.
LG designed its new W2271T monitor to look great in any environment. With a glossy black façade and slim profile the monitor has a look of subtle sophistication that blends in with any workspace, rather than interrupting it.
By incorporating the webcam, microphone and speakers into the monitor itself, the W2271T monitor saves space and cuts clutter. Speakers are hidden beneath the bezel to create an even cleaner look.
In addition to its communication-oriented features the W2271T monitor also incorporates LG’s popular “fun key features.”
The photo effects feature allows users to select four different special effects such as natural, Gaussian blur, sepia and monochrome, to add a bit of spice to online videos or photos slideshows.
EZ Zooming allows viewers with less-than-perfect eyesight, such as elderly or people with bad eye sight, to effortlessly lower the monitor’s resolution, providing larger icons and text.
The gamer-focused 4:3 in wide function makes video games designed for traditional 4:3 monitors fill the W2271T’s full 16:9 widescreen without any distortion.
In addition to the features above, the W2271T monitor sports a super-fast five ms response time, dynamic fine contrast ratio of 20,000:1 and a brightness of 300 nits for lifelike colours and contrast.
The 22-inch model has a native resolution of 1680 by 1050 pixels. A 170-degree directional viewing angle and tilt stand ensure that the W2271T monitor is always comfortable to view.
The W2271T monitor is available in the market for a price of Dh849 ($231). – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder