Patek Philippe’s flagship store opens in Dubai
Dubai, April 20, 2009
Ahmed Seddiqi & Sons, the exclusive agent for luxury Swiss watch manufacturer Patek Philippe in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, is set to launch its new Dubai Mall “salon” on April 28.
The salon follows the trend of Patek Philippe’s exclusive stand-alone destination outlets in Geneva, Paris and London and will complement the Patek Philippe retail corner in Dubai’s Wafi shopping centre, said a company statement.
Founded in the 1950s by Ahmed Seddiqi, Ahmed Seddiqi & Sons has represented the Patek Philippe brand in Dubai and the Northern Emirates since 1960.
Marking the almost 50-year relationship between the two companies, Patek Philippe’s vice president Thierry Stern will attend the opening in Dubai with Ahmed Seddiqi & Sons’ vice president Abdul Hamied Seddiqi.
“Dubai is an international market and it is considered one of the key geographies for Patek Philippe. The classic timepieces are a favourite with a large portfolio of Ahmed Seddiqi’s clients, from a broad spectrum of the business community, society and royal families,” said Seddiqi.
The new salon, which features the latest Patek Philippe collections for men and women, will also offer customers access to tailor-made grande complications watches.
During the last five decades, Patek Philippe has developed a following for its limited-edition timepieces among UAE nationals and high net-worth watch collectors from the Asian and Russian expatriate communities.
Ahmed Seddiqi & Sons is the largest distributor of Swiss watches in the Middle East, offering exquisitely designed watches and jewellery from more than 50 prestigious brands across 50 locations in the UAE.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet