Epson leads projector market 8th year in a row
Dubai, May 6, 2009
Epson has announced that it has led the overall world projector market for the eighth consecutive year.
Epson advanced its lead within the projector manufacturing industry by increasing its market share in the sub 5000 lumen segment by three per cent worldwide, from 17.61 per cent in 2007 to 20.62 in 2008, and by one per cent throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa (Emea) from 15.67 per cent to 16.72
During the fourth quarter of 2008, the Epson Emea share volume reached the record level of 20.57 per cent.
Epson’s 3LCD technology is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, marking two decades of innovation since the first 3LCD projector was launched in 1989.
The world’s leading projector technology, 3LCD uses pioneering 3-chip high-temperature polysilicon (HTPS) LCD systems to deliver images that are bright and natural in colour and extremely fine in detail.
Epson’s technology also offers proven reliability along with outstanding efficiency in energy consumption without compromising on brightness performance.
To indicate the brightness of its projectors’ colour output, Epson now uses the colour light output (CLO) metric. CLO accurately defines the colour performance of any projector in contrast to conventional brightness or light output specifications, which only measure the performance of a projector’s white light output.
Environmental performance is also a primary consideration for Epson. Each projector is designed to minimise its impact on the environment, whilst innovative technologies such as E-TORL and 3LCD ensure all the machines run at an optimum environmental efficiency, reducing power consumption and energy use.
“We are delighted that Epson has maintained its leadership position in projector manufacturing worldwide, and we are glad that the Middle East markets have also contributed significantly to achieve this feat,” said Khalil El Dalu, general manager, Epson Middle East.
“Epson produces a wide range of projectors across a number of sectors, including corporate, education and home cinema areas, and the delivery of outstanding performance, reliability and innovation is reflected in our increased market share,” he added. – TradeArabia Middle East
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain